Hard to trace Wyatt family

My father’s side of the tree is the most difficult to find. This is what I know about his father at the moment.

Even though William Alan WYATT is my grandfather, he is one of my genealogical brickwalls.

I have two certificates relating to him both giving different dates and places of birth.

According to the Denison Electoral Roll for 1929, William was living at 160 Goulburn St and was a labourer. Also living at this address were Ellen Sarah AVERY, Keith Henry AVERY and Oscar Clyde Goldsmith AVERY.

William was in the Royal Australian Naval Reserve and according to his certificate of service with them, he was born 27 June, 1905 in London, England. When he joined up on 3 February 1930, he was living at 3 Allison Street, Hobart with his wife, Jean Violet WARD. He was a steward, could swim and was Church of England in religion. His description was 5’8″ with dark hair, grey eyes and a fresh complexion.

He spent only 27 hours in drill training at the naval depot in Hobart, he was of very good character but his ability was inferior. After 30 June 1931 he was not assessed and his 3 year engagement expired in February 1933.

Living at 3 Allison Street in 1929 were Ann Ellen, Beryl Kate, Ernest Edward, James Alexander and Jean Violet WARD. By the time of the electoral roll in 1931, Alan William WYATT (reversal of name) was living here also and he was now a steward.

Marriage certificate to my grandmother Irene Ellen Gertrude SMITH in Hobart at Holy Trinity Church on April 11, 1932 states his age at last birthday being 30 and his occupation as a steward. He was a widower, his wife dying in 1931 and he had two living children. He was born in Sydney, New South Wales. His parents were Alan George WYATT (a licensed victualler) and Florence Emily Wyatt (nee EVANS).

So from the marriage certificate one could safely assume William was born in Sydney 1901 or 1902.

So there is my brickwall: which year was he born and where?

Until information is available about births in the 20th century I won’t be able to follow this through.