Organizing for #52ancestors in 2020

geralt / Pixabay

I didn’t do very well in either 2018 or 2019 writing posts about my ancestors. But in 2020, I plan to be very organized and complete at least two posts each month. Luckily, Amy Johnson Crow has already published what the theme will be for every week of the year.

Here are the first two months and my idea of what I could write about:

Week 1 (Jan. 1-7): Fresh Start – any of my convicts starting a new life in Australia
Week 2 (Jan. 8-14): Favorite Photo – check my collection for a great photo
Week 3 (Jan. 15-21): Long Line – perhaps the Colgrave family who I have found resources for back to 1604
Week 4 (Jan. 22-28): Close to Home – about my dad
Week 5 (Jan. 29-Feb. 4): So Far Away – another convict story or my Uncle Mike from Poland

Week 6 (Feb. 5-11): Same Name – will have to check my database
Week 7 (Feb. 12-18): Favourite Discovery – record at Donegal archive for Rebecca Jackson
Week 8 (Feb. 19-25): Prosperity – mining in NE Tasmania
Week 9 (Feb. 26-Mar. 3): Disaster – Dawson relatives at Mt Lyell mine disaster

Readers: Which two topics would you most like to read about? I will then make sure I write those posts.

4 thoughts on “Organizing for #52ancestors in 2020

1. Hello Sue
    A big thank you to you for all your generosity in sharing, helping and kindness to many in their genealogy efforts. I also plan to make 2020 the year that I do justice to all the information I have accumulated over time and get myself into better order. As I am now approaching my 77th year I need to get on with it. I wish you a fabulously successful 2020 with much to enjoy and great rewards as you move on through your family history journey. We are going to the Norfolk Island celebrations in March as my husband has a number of relatives who were born there or who passed through there to eventually settle in Tassie.

• Hi Gill,
      You and your husband will enjoy Norfolk Island. I was there earlier in the year and loved the history and feel of the island and the very friendly Islanders.

2. Hello Sue…….Good luck with your genealogy endeavours in 2020….There are times I feel a bit like Gill the previous poster as I am approaching my 83rd yr and have collected a large amount of ancestral information….. Have them all in separate folders ( some of it included in my computer program) and am creating Timelines listing what is in the individual folder… Still a way to go!!!!!!
    I have one thing on my Bucket List…….. I want to visit my maternal grandfather in the Mackay Qld cemetery…. He is the one who through a DNA test proved the hardest to track down. He has been there since 1934…..
    HAPPY NEW YEAR and THANKS……. Sam

3. Hello Sue
    I too have been very slack with my blogging over the past 18 months. I’m going to be using Amy’s prompts for my blog also, but I’m nowhere near as organised as you. I take my hat off to you. I am also going to Norfolk with five other UTas ladies, for the March celebrations. I’d like to see your favourite photo, and hear about your Donegal records. Best wishes to you for 2020.