Bryant family

Been doing more research on the BRYANT family.

Caroline Bryant was my great great grandmother who married William Chandler my great great grandfather. What do I know about this family so far? Check out this post I have already written back in January this year.

But what new information have I found out?

I now know about J. Winter, the witness on the 1859 marriage certificate of Caroline and William.

J Winter is Caroline’s sister Julia.

London Metropolitan Archives, Saint Pancras Parish Church, Register of marriages, P90/PAN1, Item 104

When did Robert and Julia arrive in Tasmania?

They were sponsored out by Charlotte Bryant and arrived on the ship Woodcote in 1856 along with Robert’s parents.

Tasmania, Australia, Immigrant Lists, 1841-1884

2 thoughts on “Bryant family

1. Hi Sue always interesting to go back and ask new questions, or to look at the information in new way. Now you have intrigued me with your findings and so perhaps I shall return to the church and talk more with the people present in 1917. I would also like to have visited the Bakery in Shamrock St Blackall Qld in 1947, when William and Amy Bauer were first married but have not yet found anyone else with a similar interest.
    Today I was flicking through a 2007 issue of a Family History magazine which I bought at a Toowoomba library book sale. It was interesting to note that at that time the readers were looking forward to more online indexed information which we now take for granted. They also had an article about the immense array of information which can be gained from Government and Police Gazettes – such as accidental or suspicious deaths, purchase of brands for stock eg cows, criminal activities and descriptions of life in the colony at a particular time… have generally overlooked this resource but am tempted to revisit it. Regards Marg

• Hi Marg,
      The Police and Government gazettes are fantastic resources to add a bit of spice to the family history. Having now completed the diploma of family history, I am now revisiting everything I learnt and going back over documents to see what else I can gain from them. This Bryant clue actually came about while doing some DNA research on Bryant family.