Sources used

Each time I do a new course I will add a list of the sources used or mentioned by either lecturers, tutors or students.

Introduction to family history – This includes links to charts, researching tips, using Ancestry and is based on UTAS Diploma of Family History unit

Families at War – This includes links for researching your WWI relative – mainly Australia/New Zealand but includes some from UK – based on the Future Learn course run by Monash University. I will also include new links from Families at War UTAS unit. Links updated January 2018.

Convict Ancestors – including links to pre transportation, transportation and voyages, convict life in Australia and post convict life – based on UTAS Diploma of Family History units – Convict Ancestors and Convicts in Context or their Legacy.

Place, Image and Object – links to mapping, photos and dating of them as well as researching heirlooms or objects in your family.

Oral history – interviewing, questions to ask, tools to use and how to edit your interviews.

Writing your family history – including tips for finding stories, writing the stories, publishing the stories

Photo essay – presenting your family history through photography

Overseas Searching – As many of the units relate mainly to Tasmanian or Australian records, I have also created a new page.

Readers: If you have other sources I have not mentioned that you have used successfully, please leave a link in the comment area on the appropriate page.

3 thoughts on “Sources used

1. Thanks for continuing to provide helpful resources and links Sue — your contributions to everyone’s efforts has been amazing.
    There is something very special about you….. wish you’d been around when I was fighting with high school maths.

Di

2. Gosh, don’t know whether to thank you or not?? Just when I thought I had looked at enough sites and had enough info to start my story, along you come😉, suppose you can never have enough information. Thankyou will save this for my future courses too.