Tribute to my mum

Wyatt, Phyllis Joan (née England)
Passed away peacefully on 24 September 2021 at Whittle Ward, Hobart. Beloved wife of Robert, mother of Suzanne and Philip, mother in law of Helen, Grandma to Alexander and Georgia (Herweynen), friend to Wesley.

Life member of Australian Plant Society, active member of Girl Guides Tasmania and valued member of the Hobart Walking Club.

Thanks to doctors Yee and Yu and the staff at Hobart Private Hospital and the Whittle Ward for their care and compassion. Private cremation.

God saw that she was weary,
The road too hard to climb,
So he took her by the hand, and whispered, Peace be thine.

Readers: If you had met my mum and any of the slides brought back memories, please leave a comment below.

14 thoughts on “Tribute to my mum

1. oh no Sue ! I am so very sorry for your loss .. There is no grief quite like that of losing a mum .. Sending love, hugs, prayers and condolences to you and your family . I would loved to have met her especially as we shared DNA … go gently dear friend / DNA cuz xx 💕

2. dear Sue, I didn’t know your Mum but as I looked through the slides, mere snippets of her life, she seemed to be a kind and active person. I send my condolences to you and your extended family on the loss of Phyllis, and hope all your good memories soften the edges of her loss.

3. Farewell our Southern Secretary, thanks for the lovely memories and the fantastic tours you planned for us and the Hobart Walking Club.
    Will be sadly missed by many.
    Condolences to Bob, Sue, Philip and family.

4. Oh Sue, such a very sad time for you all, but your lovely mum will be by your side, watching over you all. I love the photos you three on page 14 and the absolute fun on slide 15. What lovely memories you all have together. Thoughts with you all. Lis Hannelly 💐

5. Oh, so sorry to read of the passing of your dear mum! Thank you for sharing the lovely slides, Phyllis was an active community member and will be missed by so many. Condolences to you and the family.

6. Dear Sue, so sorry to hear of Phyl’s passing. Another cousin in heaven. Some lovely pictures, the Guiding ones, she was a great help at Orana and in the Trefoil Guild. Condolences to you and Philip and family. Christine and Barbara Davey and Wendy, Barry Johnson and family.